LGBTI+ Individual Counselling
Many LGBTI+ individuals endure trauma growing up and experience feelings of guilt and shame and see themselves as inferior. These feelings, coupled with low self-esteem, lack of self-worth and a longing to feel accepted, frequently result in LGBTI+ individuals seeking external forms of validation or ways of numbing their negative emotions. These may include substance abuse, engaging with several sex partners and repeating negative patterns in numerous unsuccessful relationships.
Accepting one’s same-sex attraction can compound feelings of shame. Sharing one’s same-sex attraction with family, friends and work colleagues, ie coming out, may be a daunting experience for fear of rejection and may lead to depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and addictions. Remaining closeted and living a dual life can result in enormous emotional, physical and mental health consequences.
MSRCC offers specialist counsellors who understand the pain and challenges experienced by LGBTI+ individuals through their work at Thorne Harbour Health (formerly Victorian Aids Council), Relationships Australia and in private practice. This includes working with clients who are HIV+. Our therapists work includes addressing anxieties, depression, addictions, fears of rejection, repeated patterns of choosing unsuitable partners, how to integrate sex with love, acceptance of same-sex attraction and coming out.
Our specialist LGBTI+ therapists understand the needs of these individuals. They create safe, supportive and confidential environments where LGBTI+ individuals share their fears, shame, anxieties and longing for acceptance and connection. Specialist LBGTI+ therapist are available to support you, call us today.
MSRCC Provides LGBTI Counselling, Relationship Counselling, and More
Many LGBTI+ people face trauma as well as feelings of guilt and shame as they grow up, and LGBTI counselling can give them a safe place to share these feelings and learn healthy ways to cope. At Melbourne Specialist Relationship Counselling Clinic, we have specialist counsellors who understand the challenges and pain that LGBTI+ individuals experience including depression, addiction, anxiety, fear of rejection, patterns of choosing unsuitable partners, and more. We can help you work through these and other challenges and start creating the fulfilling life you want and deserve through private LGBTI counselling.
What You Can Expect from MSRCC Regarding LGBTI Counselling in Melbourne
At MSRCC, we offer a range of counselling services provided by highly-trained professionals. Here’s what you can expect when you choose to work with us.
- A range of services. We offer LGBTI+ individual and relationship counselling, couples counselling, anger management, self-esteem enhancement, sexual intimacy counselling, separation counselling, and more.
- Real solutions. Our counsellors possess the specialist training required to help clients establish and implement practical, workable solutions to their specific problems to create a happier life.
- Qualified therapists. Our therapists have a minimum qualification of a master’s degree in couples counselling. They also stay up-to-date on the latest research and theory to provide the best possible treatment for each unique client.
The Importance of an LGBTI Counsellor
The LGBTI community has come a long way in recent decades. However, that doesn’t mean that these individuals don’t still face homophobia, transphobia, and other daily challenges. The truth is that LGBTI+ people feel overwhelmed at times, just like other people, and that counselling has the same fundamental benefits for everyone. Here are a few of them.
- Learning to handle emotions triggered by problems. Even if your stressors don’t feel traumatic or life-altering, therapy can help by presenting problem-solving techniques and tools to help you deal with anxiety, depression, addiction, and more in healthy ways.
- Holding you accountable for your goals. Regardless of what you want in life, talking to a counsellor can help you overcome the mental blocks keeping you from achieving what you desire.
- Finding purpose in your life. When you open up about your struggles and where you’d like to go from here, you can begin to work toward your goals in meaningful ways, ultimately achieving the confidence, peace of mind, and sense of purpose you deserve.
- Dissecting problems and figuring out how to solve them. One of the best things about therapy is the opportunity to develop strategies to handle specific hardships. You’ll look at your problems from new angles and be objective about how to move forward.
Why Trust MSRCC Regarding Private LGBTI Counselling in Melbourne
At MSRCC, we are specialist relationship counsellors offering a range of services to help you live your best life. We are passionate about working with individuals and couples facing a variety of issues and helping them work towards real solutions. If you are experiencing problems in your life related to being LGBTI+ or other issues, contact us today to schedule an appointment. We’re here to help.
Why Call Us?
- Experienced Therapists
- Free Consultation
- Personalised Sessions
- Qualified Counselor
- Rebate Available
- Caring Environment
- Highly confidential environment
- Members of PACFA and ACA